Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Comfort and Joy

Dear Erica,

While wrapping presents it's nice to watch something I have either seen a million times or something that does not require much brain activity. For this Lifetime TV movie from a few years back it would be the latter. Nancy McKeon sheds her butch Facts of Life persona and becomes a high-powered business woman in desperate need of some Christmas cheer.

Aren't the women in these movies always high-powered business women? They never clarify what their jobs actually are, but they all carry briefcases and have picture windows behind their desks. Come to think of it, I think they use the same set in every Lifetime TV movie. It's just a matter of swapping out Nancy McKeon for Dana Delaney. And they always have a black assistant to ask them just the right questions so us viewers at home can get the scoop on their lives. Invariably they have strained relationships with their colorful parents and a deadbeat boyfriend. You gotta love a good Lifetime movie.

What's nice about Comfort and Joy is that it actually has a lot of Christmas heart. I wouldn't suggest going out of your way to find this on DVD, but it's certainly worth flipping on if you happen to see it on the tube and have some wrapping to do.

Till next time,
Bradley

1 comment:

  1. I have been debating if I want to tackle some Xmas lifetime. Last year I watched one about sending soldiers letters or something like that. I sort of what to see the one about that Xmas song Christmas Shoes. I think Rob Lowe is in it. Seen it?

    ReplyDelete