Friday, November 26, 2010

Love Actually

Dear Erica,

Every time I watch this movie I have a new favorite character or plot line. When I first saw the movie I was smitten with the girl who plays Hugh Grant's foul mouthed assistant. She's easily one of the most gorgeous women I have ever laid eyes on, and she's funny to boot. Then there is Keira Knightly's admirer. I have no idea who he is, but he's so endearing when he shows up at her doorstep to profess his feelings. I cry EVERY time I see the scene. Liam Neeson and his son are just so awesome together. When Christmas morning rolls around and Emma Thompson realizes her husband is having an affair, my heart breaks a million times over. Bill Nighy as the washed up rocker is easily the funniest character, although he has stiff competition from the British bloke on a trip to the USA. The only story line I have a hard time watching is the Laura Linney saga with her brother. When her cell phone keeps going off during her date with one of the most gorgeous people alive (who also just happens to be a good guy), I almost have to plug my ears and look away. It's just too devastating. Which, I suppose, is the point of the whole thing. Another reason I love this flick is for its awesome soundtrack. Not only does it have some terrific Christmas tunes, but it also has some kick-ass pop tunes from the early 2000's. I remember this movie came a couple years after 9/11 and was one of the first to use it as an emotional grabber. It certainly worked and this will always be one of my all time favorite movies. It's not easy to keep a cast this huge in line without confusing the audience, and this one never takes a misstep. Every time I watch it I find something new to love, so I think I'm going to pop it in again right now!

Till next time,
Bradley

1 comment:

  1. You know me, I am in love with this movie. I cry every time!!! I think this is one of the best romantic movies EVER! I too am drawn to a different story each year. Oh how I love Colin Firth. Oh please can't he fall in love with me in a matter of weeks and travel across the globe to ask me to marry him?!

    ReplyDelete