Thursday, November 11, 2010

Mrs. Miracle

Dear Erica,

In an effort to save some of my favorites for closer to Christmas, I picked up this Hallmark Channel original. Wow. It's...um...interesting. It stars Doris Roberts and James Van Der Beek. That's probably all you need to know to get an idea of how good it is. Here's the trailer from Hallmark's website:



It's weird to see Dawson Leary as a single dad. And even weirder to see Mrs. Barone as some sort of Mary Poppins meets Supernanny meets The Good Witch of the North. And upon doing some Google research, I was shocked to read that this is part of a series. Yes, that's right. Mrs. Miracle appears in more than one of these sappy sap-fests. If you can't sleep and see it on TV at about 4am, I'd say flip it on and see if it puts you in the spirit. My guess is no, but it might put you back to sleep.

Till next time,
Bradley

2 comments:

  1. This is hilarious and I am shocked for two reasons. First, I didn't know hallmark had a channel, second, this movie looks very recent... The other night I just watched a Christmas movie that I had seen a million times as a kid because I taped it off of tv randomly. Do you have movies like that too? Doris Roberts was in it too, so thats why i thought of it. Its called, A Mom for Christmas? Scene it? It has Olivia Newton John in it too. How Lovely...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god, I MUST get a copy of this movie you describe. Is it the one with the mannequin that comes to life at Christmas? I have vague memories of seeing it replayed a bunch of years back on Lifetime. And how many Christmas movies has Doris Roberts made? I seem to remember another one where she rehabilitates a homeless drug addict or something.

    ReplyDelete